OBJECTIVES TO HAVE “CINEFIL”:
- To Exercise and enforce provisions of Copyright laws on Business of Licensing of Cinematograph Performance rights (CPL) on behalf of Producer and Other Owners who being entitled to the benefit of or interested in the Cinematographic films work as per Copyright Act 1957.
To protect the 'Copyright' of the Film Producer and to fully explore the
possibilities on collection of royalties from India and Overseas as Collective
Administration Society by issuing Cinematograph Performance license (CPL)
for distributing it to bonafide members with complete transparency.
- To collect and receive the royalties payable from below the line (BTL) avenues - hotels, restaurants , auditoriums, lounges, premium housing Societies etc.
- In respect of any such exploitation by all or other proceedings and to recover such royalties fees and other monies, and to restrain and recover damages for the infringement by means of any such exploitation as aforesaid of the Film Producer’s and Owners.
- Effective reciprocal arrangement with foreign copyright Societies for collection royalties from overseas.
- Net monies received by the copyright society in respect of any such rights as aforesaid are to be divided and apportioned with Digital modes among the Producers and other owners interested therein respectively.
- To provision the funds towards welfare scheme for the benefit of the families / widows or dependents of the members of the society as decided by the Committee from time to time pursuant to Copyright legislation.
- To remunerate or make donation to Producers and / or Owners for the services rendered in promoting the Cinematographic contents which are of national importance.
- Owners & Producers right on their behalf in respect 'of Cinematograph Films, and to release, compromise or refer to Arbitration any such proceedings or actions or any other disputes or differences in relation to the premises pursuant to Copyright Act 1957 or any other applicable statutes then time being in force.